Tula Historical and Architectural Museum
The house, where one of the most interesting museums in Tula is situated, was built in 1884. Pharmacist Ferdinand Georgievich Belyavsky was its first owner. On the ground floor he opened a pharmacy that became one of the most popular in the city. In Soviet times, a state pharmacy worked here, and only in 2011 it was decided to establish a museum.
The museum has a truly vintage atmosphere. It seems that palm trees dozing in tubs and dense white covers on armchairs remember the former owner of the "Old Tula Pharmacy", who is about to appear with a sealed bottle in his hands. Here you can see old pharmaceutical dishes, scales, books, medical instruments, syringes, microscope, prescription forms, photographs of pre-revolutionary interiors, packaging of medicines of the 19th century.
In addition, numerous lectures, master classes and workshops with participation of the best architects, designers, urbanists, anthropologists, and historians of culture are held on the second floor in the TIAM lecture hall every month from September to May.
The modern exhibition area was opened in 2014 and has already managed to gain fame for its ambitious projects. The ancient enfilade space of the House of Kraft is rendered habitable by attracted curators and modern artists. The topics of exhibitions resonate with historical and architectural specialization of the museum – the problems of modern urbanism and historical topography, architectural graphics and modern artistic practices, urban photography and environmental design.